Metasonix - TM2 - tube filter that can be used as a Tube Wah.
ZVex Wah Probe - new, Oct 2000.
There are many yoy-yoy, ow-ow, etc. products coming out. The newest BOSS pedals are the PH-3 phaser with continuous up or down, and the new AW-3 Dynamic Wah auto-wah with Humanizer effect (settable vowels). Coincidence? Maybe not; wah and phaser I think are very closely related. They are both frequency-response filter effects and can thus go anywhere in the chain but go best before preamp distortion, which causes them to change the distortion voicing (equivalent to changing your pickup's frequency response as you play).
The technology of the Wah Pedal - R. G. Keen
See also my page http://www.amptone.com/g172.htm for random-LFO auto-wah; find "wah".
Place a wah before the distortion stage, to control the distortion voicing. This is a form of eq before distortion.
Boss Introduces AW-3 Dynamic Wah Pedal. July 21, 2000. Human voice-type wah sounds through "Humanizer" mode. Resonant synth-type wah sounds in "Sharp" mode. Variety of classic wah effects. Dynamic sounds for guitar or bass where the amount of wah is dependent upon picking dynamics for funk Automatic up-and-down wah cycles at a fixed rate or, using Tempo mode, sync the auto-wah effect to the music by tapping the pedal to the tempo. "Humanizer" mode for human voice-type wah effects with distinct vowel sounds. "talking" effects. Next-generation wah sounds with increased filtering and resonance: resonant synth-type "Sharp" mode. 1/4-inch Guitar input and Bass input. Rocking expression pedal input for traditional wah or Humanizer control. http://www.rolandus.com/.
>Nice site & resource. Please consider adding us to your effects and wah upgrade/repair links.
>Roger Mayer's Type 9090A wah kit is available for serious amateurs and techs to directly retrofit into any common "crybaby", VOX, or Thomas Organ pedal.
>We sell both the kit or can custom install into the above pedals. We also sell it as a finished off-the-shelf new wah.
>North Star Audio (authorized importer & distributor)
>Chicago >Roger Mayer Effects
From: Tom Lanik
Re: Multiple Wahs
I can build custom wahs that you can "dial" in with a knob and switch on and off with your foot.
-- Tom Lanik
Roger Mayer Wah Kit
Vox wah pedal - I had this for a little bit. I know I won't be satisfied with this unless I replace its guts (roger mayer.com). Even then, ... rackmount is more my approach for wah.
Some of the best wah ever recorded was by Stevie Ray in the song "Come On" (Let the Good Times Roll). He used two wah's, VOX I think, one turned backwards, blended with straight amp tone.
Beware of digital wah! The DigiTech 2101 has a digital wah. It sounds stepped and choppy. Be sure to look for analog wah, in multifx units. http://www.ink19.com/issues_F/98_02/wet_ink/gear/001_model_250_preamp_ov_nf.html - DOD TEC8G - From the same TEC family of processors, comes the TEC8G ($299.95) floor-controlled multi-effects processor. The TEC8G is a follow-up product to the TEC8 with the difference being the addition of a "grunge" circuit that emulates the sound of your favorite cabinets. The TEC8G includes an Expression Controller pedal with a slightly right-angled skew designed to be more ergonomically playable. The unit also includes a "jam-along-jack" that allows you to play along with a CD or cassette. The TEC8G comes with a full compliment of sound effects including some interesting ones like Analog Wah, Pixellator, and Grind Distortion. DOD, 8760 Sandy Parkway, Sandy, Utah 84070; Tel: 801-566-8800, Fax: 801-566-7005 -- Edward Tywoniak
A great approach is to blend some straight signal with wah'd signal before distortion. Wah's should have a mix or depth control to do this.
The Boss Auto-Wah pedal sounds great. I don't like the attack-triggered sound of an envelope filter much, but you can use the Auto-Wah for just a straight sound of automatically cycling a wah filter back and forth. Turn the Sensitivity knob to minimum; this effectively shuts off the envelope filter. Turn the Rate to the rate at which you would rock a wah pedal, and the depth to maximum. Then just jam -- no need to coordinate foot motion, and you get a great wah tone. Place this before fairly heavy distortion, with the amp turned up.
The wah by Colorsound won one wah shootout I read.
Wahpedal.com - info and sales for various leading wah pedals.
>A buddy of mine has an authentic, original Clyde McCoy and when he heard my Fulltone Clyde, he sold his original and bought the Fulltone!
Official Clyde product page - excerpts:
Our inductor (also available as a drop-in replacement for 90% of the wah's out there for $29.95) is a tuned core hand-made unit using exactly the same type wire and inductance as the '60's era Vox, except very consistent from one unit to the next. The circuit board (also to be available as a drop in replacement at $89) uses carbon composition resistors, Polypropylene WIMA .01 capacitors, and our hand- wound "Tuned Core" inductor. The only change from the original '60's Vox design is the addition of a very usable internal "Resonance Control" which is a large durable trimmer, for Bass and gain adjustment, which is easily adjustable by hand without tools and with room to mark your favorite settings. The Potentiometer, the most overlooked part of the circuit, is one of the keys to a good wah wah sound and there hasn't been a proper "tapered" pot, since the '60's "Icar" in any major manufacturer's wah. We've made our own I call the Fullrange pot (also available as a drop-in replacement for your wah at $27.95) with a major difference: ours has a double-screened carbon-composition track giving a 150,000 turn life span instead of the standard industry 15,000. The traditional housings don't give enough travel and Potentiometer range, limiting your tonal sweep, and they have little compensation for tension or feel. The Fulltone "Clyde" uses our own custom-made 14 ga. welded steel pedal with nylon pivot points and much more travel than the conventional Vox-style ones that everyone uses. It has nylok nuts so you can adjust the tension of the treadle, and it stays that way until you change it. True bypass switching Standard 2.1mm negative tip AC adapter port with anti-hum filtering and protection diode. $279 list.
Budda. Budda-Wah. Vocal coil design, freq gain ctrl of mids and highs. Guitar Player Dec 1997. $185. option:16 dB gain.
VOX V847 Wah-Wah pedal. $175. Original reissue. Vinyl bag. Silver finish V847S $260. This gets good reviews.
Real McCoy Custom Wah. $379. 6-way adjustable vari-tune circuitry controls lows, highs, mids, gain, resonance, sweep.
Wah reviews: Guitar Player 12/97.
Detailed debate about first wah usage, page 74 Guitar Shop Fall 1994 (Hendrix article), which I have.
Guitar Player. New Gear special issue. 1992. Wah-wah user's guide.
Spring 1994 Guitar Shop, Wah Wah Buyer's Guide: comparative reviews of:
Snarling Dogs has several wahs.
If you like getting a different sound than the rest of the crowd, the Snarling Dogs Wahs are the only wahs we know of which have a completely different sound. The Whine-O is a full-frontal attack wah. It's not for the timid. The Snarling Dogs Whine-O does not have a traditional, sweet-sounding wah sound; if you want the status quo wah sound, stay away from the Whine-O. But if you want your audience to pay more attention to you, than the lead singer, join the Dogshouse.
Now, if you just have to have a more traditional, tame sound, get a SUPER BAWL version of the Whine-O. Like the original Whine-O, it has a 3-way wah mode switch (Shaft, Voo Doo, White Room)and preamp volume control. However, it also offers a Hormone control that allows you to switch between tame and aggressive (Estrogen and Testosterone) modes. Additionally, if the Whine-O still isn't aggressive enough for you, we've added a Twinductor Beef Boost. Flip this switch, and you'll think the wah is sitting on your chest! The Super Bawl Whine-O gives you 12 different sound combinations, from the tamest to the most aggressive.
In December 1998 we'll introduce our first Super Bawl Whine-O's with true hard bypass switching, while still retaining the lit LED Snarling Dogs eyes. Depending on which settings you have the wah set on, when you activate the wah, the volume will range from just about pass-through volume, to much louder. As far as I am aware, this is the first wah to employ true hard bypass switching, LED's, and still allow the player to experience a volume gain when the pedal is activated.
We're the first to offer all these features in a wah for under $200. The list price on this wah will be $179.95. The street price could range in the $149 area to full list, depending on the area of the country you live in, etc. 12 sound combinations, true hard bypass, preamp volume control, LED's, no volume loss, all in a 6 LB wah. We have plans to make a stripped down true hard bypass version of this pedal by next summer.
If true bypass isn't that big a deal to you, save some money and get the Super Bawl Whine-O without THBP. You can buy these for around $129.
Let me clear up some questions about my wahs: Both RMC1 and RMC3 feature true bypass, dc jacks, repro stack-of-dimes inductor (Picture Clyde McCoy halo repro available for RMC3), and ICAR repro pot (ROC-POT). The ROC-POT was made for me by CTS. They were the only company at the time that could reproduce the unusual ICAR pot's taper. CTS rates them at 1 million cycles, but I can't believe it. NO pot is that good. After much time with my engineer contact, he told me that it should last "a couple hundred thousand rotations." Again, I prefer to downgrade it to 100,000. It is an open pot so you can clean and relube it if needed (lubed by CTS when built). I have 2 drop-in boards for the Vox V847, non-tunable RMC1 and tunable RMC3. I also still customize existing wahs and rebuild the old ones. The RMC1 has a built in wah power boost so there is no loss of signal strength. The RMC3 has a pcb mounted volume control, as well as a DIP switch adjustable 9 octave range (with fine tuners to get inbetween the switches if your hearing is still that good), low and mid frequency controls, and Q (sweet spot) control. Reach me at GRTeese at aol.com. I do not have a website up at this moment. -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own
Messages 1-100 of about 9500 matches for search wah:
1. 98/11/14 026 morley wah alt.guitar Dirk Roefs
2. 98/11/15 025 Re: Snarling Dogs Wahs alt.guitar.effects KllRckStrz
3. 98/11/15 025 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Carlginger
4. 98/11/16 024 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit victor.mala
5. 98/11/15 024 Re: Snarling Dogs Wahs alt.guitar.effects burgundy
6. 98/11/15 024 Re: Snarling Dogs Wahs alt.guitar.effects pedalman
7. 98/11/15 024 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Greg Peterson
8. 98/11/15 024 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit J...
9. 98/11/15 024 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Lester Long
10. 98/11/15 024 Re: Effects pedal help... alt.guitar GuitarGM
11. 98/11/15 024 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit ~*Freebird*~
12. 98/11/15 024 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal alt.guitar.amps Paul Braunbehre
13. 98/11/14 024 pedals pedals pedals...www.g alt.guitar TR
14. 98/11/15 023 Re: What are your opinions o alt.guitar MWS2468
15. 98/11/15 023 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Carl Rothman
16. 98/11/15 023 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Jack A. Zucker
17. 98/11/15 023 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Jack A. Zucker
18. 98/11/15 023 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Ron Veil
19. 98/11/15 023 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Jack A. Zucker
20. 98/11/14 023 Re: Pedal Mod Question alt.guitar.amps Ed Guidry
21. 98/11/12 023 Snarling Dogs Wahs #1/2 rec.music.makers.guit charlie
22. 98/11/12 023 Snarling Dogs Wahs #1/2 alt.guitar.effects charlie
23. 98/11/12 023 Snarling Dogs Wahs #1/2 alt.guitar charlie
24. 98/11/12 023 Re: EMT's are wonderful peop rec.music.makers.guit Patrick F. Cole
25. 98/11/12 023 SKB-25 Pedalboard? alt.guitar.effects Richard
26. 98/11/11 023 FS: Dunlop Cry Baby Wah peda rec.music.makers.mark Prana
27. 98/11/11 023 Re: FX Pedals - what order s alt.guitar grippy
28. 98/11/11 023 Re: Multi-effect pedals. Are alt.guitar.effects Paul Heeley
29. 98/11/10 023 Re: FX Pedals - what order s alt.guitar shane whitbread
30. 98/11/09 023 Re: Modify range of Jimi Hen alt.guitar.effects Fulltone
31. 98/11/09 023 For Sale: Boss RV3, Boss TU- rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
32. 98/11/08 023 Modify range of Jimi Hendrix alt.guitar.effects andy m
33. 98/11/03 023 Wanted: Vox Wah wah or Jim D alt.guitar.effects Warren Gray
34. 98/11/02 023 Crybaby full bypass URL (Was rec.music.makers.guit Daniel R. Haney
35. 98/11/15 022 Re: Which pedal nails a Rola alt.guitar.effects Chumbucket©
36. 98/11/15 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal alt.guitar.amps MK70
37. 98/11/14 022 Re: MORLEY alt.guitar.effects Carl Rothman
38. 98/11/14 022 Re: MORLEY alt.guitar.effects Alan Thompson
39. 98/11/12 022 Re: Re Multi-effect pedals. alt.guitar.effects W.T. Walters
40. 98/11/12 022 Re: Re Multi-effect peda#1/2 alt.guitar.effects Patrick F. Cole
41. 98/11/11 022 Re: i need a discription of alt.guitar.effects Randall Britto
42. 98/11/10 022 HELP:Crybaby Mod ?? alt.guitar.amps lgxNo5paMgtr
43. 98/11/10 022 HELP: Crybaby Mod ?? alt.guitar.effects lgxNo5paMgtr
44. 98/11/09 022 i need a discription of peda alt.guitar.effects punkguy
45. 98/11/09 022 Re: i need a discription of alt.guitar.effects lgxNo5pAMgtr
46. 98/11/08 022 Re: Mesa Boogie? alt.guitar.amps TJSTRAT
47. 98/11/08 022 Re: Wah-Wah mini review: Ful rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
48. 98/11/08 022 Re: Wah-Wah mini review: Ful rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
49. 98/11/08 022 Re: Modify range of Jimi Hen alt.guitar.effects Bob Sweet
50. 98/11/07 022 Re: Wah-Wah mini review: Ful rec.music.makers.guit TVogel5415
51. 98/11/07 022 Re: Wah-Wah mini review: Ful rec.music.makers.guit Carlginger
52. 98/11/05 022 Re: Mini Review: Whine-O-Wah rec.music.makers.guit Giri Iyengar
53. 98/11/05 022 FS: Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah rec.music.makers.mark Prana
54. 98/11/04 022 Re: Vox wah and ac adapter p alt.guitar.effects Cmusic2112
55. 98/11/04 022 Re: Slow Gear, MXR flanger d alt.guitar.effects Elliot Marshall
56. 98/11/03 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal [seri rec.music.makers.guit Jonathan Krogh
57. 98/11/03 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
58. 98/11/03 022 Re: Crybaby full bypass URL rec.music.makers.guit Scott Andrews
59. 98/11/02 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Andreas Busold
60. 98/11/02 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Carlginger
61. 98/11/02 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Dan Stanley
62. 98/11/02 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
63. 98/11/02 022 Looking for old wah case... rec.music.makers.guit ark
64. 98/11/02 022 Re: Looking for old wah case rec.music.makers.guit Marc Ferguson
65. 98/11/02 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal [seri rec.music.makers.guit Paul Cassone
66. 98/11/01 022 Re: wah replacement caps alt.guitar.effects Daniel R. Haney
67. 98/11/01 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Carlginger
68. 98/11/01 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit John Huff
69. 98/11/01 022 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit JT Roberts
70. 98/10/31 022 wah replacement caps alt.guitar.effects Mark Leffler
71. 98/10/27 022 FS: Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah $ alt.guitar Thoozer
72. 98/10/24 022 FS: Vox Reissue Wah alt.guitar JNixon25
73. 98/10/24 022 FS: Vox Reissue Wah alt.guitar.amps JNixon25
74. 98/10/24 022 FS: Vox Reissue Wah alt.guitar.effects JNixon25
75. 98/10/24 022 FS: Vox Reissue Wah rec.music.makers.guit JNixon25
76. 98/10/24 022 Re: how do i get funky with alt.guitar steve_2000
77. 98/10/22 022 Re: how do i get funky with alt.guitar Watkinsjw
78. 98/10/22 022 Re: how do i get funky with alt.guitar jean-michel gra
79. 98/10/21 022 Re: how do i get funky with alt.guitar terry deto
80. 98/10/20 022 Re: Help with Wah alt.guitar.effects peer
81. 98/10/20 022 Vox wah and ac adapter probl alt.guitar Shaine Gordon
82. 98/10/19 022 Vox Wah and AC Adapter alt.guitar.effects Shaine Gordon
83. 98/11/02 021 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
84. 98/11/02 021 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Polfus
85. 98/11/01 021 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Carlginger
86. 98/11/01 021 Re: Best Wah-Wah pedal rec.music.makers.guit Mark Heustis
87. 98/11/01 021 Snarling Dogs make the best rec.music.makers.guit Andrew J. Frazo
88. 98/10/29 021 FS Digitec GSP 21, DOD G7 alt.guitar zamiel
89. 98/10/27 021 Re: Help with Wah alt.guitar.effects Paul Braunbehre
90. 98/10/25 021 f sale-2 fx alt.guitar.amps brian o
91. 98/10/24 021 Re: how do i get funky with alt.guitar John Sheehy
92. 98/10/22 021 Re: Vox wah and ac adapter p alt.guitar.amps QualityAna
93. 98/10/22 021 Re: FX position alt.guitar marcabru
94. 98/10/21 021 Re: Vox wah and ac adapter p alt.guitar Mark Deayton
95. 98/10/21 021 Re: Vox wah and ac adapter p alt.guitar.effects AnalogMike
96. 98/10/21 021 Re: Vox wah and ac adapter p alt.guitar Prana
97. 98/10/21 021 Re: how do i get funky with alt.guitar Jeppard3
98. 98/10/20 021 Re: Help with Wah alt.guitar.effects YBHappy2
99. 98/10/20 021 Re: Help with Wah alt.guitar.effects Aaron R. Zarse
100. 98/10/19 021 Help with Wah alt.guitar.effects James